Review of the Revell M60-A3 model tank
This model was a birthday present from my good friend Mark. It was the first Revell kit I built and was a good one to build. The instructions were simple and well laid out.
The tracks were challenging to build. They were not the normal one piece of rubber tracking like my other kits, they were solid plastic.
There was one long piece per side, a couple of smaller pieces and dozens of single-track pieces. After building the hull and wheels, I joined all the small and single-track pieces together and let the glue almost set off.
I slid the large piece on to the top of the wheels, lifted the hull on to the glued tracks, pushed them into place and held them together as the glued joint set, unfortunately one of them came undone later that night and could not be reset, as you can see.
It has a couple of working parts, the main turret and the commanders MG turret moves as well. I also like the wading exhaust pipe at the rear of the tank.
When I decided to paint this model, I wanted to try camouflage again. So using Tamiya acrylic paints, I sprayed using my Revell air-compressor and spray gun the hull and turret with Dark Green (XF-61).
Rather than do the black sections free hand, I used decorating masking tape, as it’s wider so the spray wouldn’t contaminate the Dark Green sections. Also the decorating masking tape was easier to cut out the edge patterns of each black section and was easier to remove when the paint had dried. I used Flat black (XF-1) for the black sections.