The development of the RG Protector MRAP is based on the successful proven Casspir heritage. The RG Protector has open architecture and is offered in several variants based on a 6×6 and 4×4 model. The vehicle can accommodate up to 18 people in the 6×6 version. The straight forward utilisation of a total commercial drive train ensures affordability. Developed by BAE Systems, marketing started in 2011 and tere are no known operators.
Main features of the RG Protector MRAP:
– Proven and reliable. The vehicle’s design incorporates the best practices of the battle proven Casspir.
– The monocoque V-shaped hull is fitted to the chassis, contributing to the vehicle’s superior mine/blast protection.
– It’s built on affordable COTS (commercial-off-the shelf) building blocks.
– Easy maintenance and worldwide support from BAE Systems and the chosen COTS partner.
– The rugged and robust design is suitable for Africa’s harsh conditions.
– Larger rear doors ensures easy access and egress.