The British World War 2 Mark VI Light Tankwas just another almost identical tank to the rest of the Vickers light tank utilising Horstmann suspension, except that it had thicker frontal sloped armour and a bustle at the rear to mount a radio set.
It entered service in 1936 in the British Army, but production ended in 1940. It served in North Africa during World War 2 with a reputation for reliability.
It saw action in France, Greece and Crete. When on Malta it was used for towing aircraft on the airfields.
During the African campaigns it was used to supplement British Cruiser tanks and suffered heavy losses as a result.
The British World War 2 Mark VI Light Tank Spec’s
Main Gun: 7.7mm MG & 12.7mm
Armour: 4 to 14mm
Dimensions: Length 4.01m, Width 2.08m, Height 2.26m
Engine: Meadows V-6 petrol 88bhp
Top Speed: 56km/h