The Czechoslovakian CKD PRAGA R1 Light Tank was a two man light tank developed by former Czech Firm CKD Engineering for the export market. It was purchased by Iran and Romania in the 1930’s, the later who used it in the Eastern Front during World War 2, where it was dominated by the superior Russian tanks.
After the War , Sweden imported an improved version AH-IV-Sv, which had an improved Swedish engine and 8mm Machine Guns. It was also exported to Ethiopia. An amphibious prototype was also built called the F-IV-H.
The Czechoslovakian CKD PRAGA R1 Light Tank Spec’s
Armament: x2 7.92mm MG
Armour: 12mm (max)
Weight: 14.3 tonne
Top Road Speed: 45km/h
Operational Range: 250km
Dimensions: Length 3.2m / Width 1.79m / Height 1.67m
Engine: Praga AH 6-cylinder 35bhp petrol